NSCP E -learning - Learning Pool
Welcome to the Nottinghamshire Safeguarding Children Partnership (NSCP) online learning, developed in conjunction with Learning Pool.
All courses are interactive, including opportunities to work through case studies, do quizzes, write comments and answers and include links to further information or relevant practice guidance. Please note as you work between each section of the courses there is a blue progress bar on the top of each page. If you do not complete each section fully you won’t be able to complete the course, course evaluation or print off a certificate.
The e-learning courses are free to most NSCP partner agencies. However, starting from 1 April 2020, we have implemented a revised charging policy which may affect some organisations who do not contribute financially to the Partnership such as schools, district and borough councils, fire and rescue service and private organisations. For more details, please see our charging table on our training page of our website.
All modules are not designed to be done multiple times. If you require a refresher, then please choose a different module on another safeguarding subject. You will only receive a certificate once per module.
We currently have the following courses available:
- Introduction to Safeguarding Children (for staff who may come into contact with children for short periods during the course of their work or for any staff who just need an introduction to the subject)
- Awareness of Child Abuse and Neglect (for staff who work directly with children, young people and families)
- Child Criminal Exploitation and County Lines
- Child Protection Conferences and Looked After Children Review Meetings
- Child Protection Investigations
- Child Sexual Exploitation
- Children Missing from Home and Care
- Coercive Control
- Domestic Abuse
- Emotional Abuse
- Grow-Wise Child Development Programme
- Honour Based Violence and Forced Marriage
- Managing allegations and concerns in relation to adults working with children
- Physical Abuse
- Reducing Parental Conflict
- Safeguarding Adults Awareness
- Safer Recruitment
- Safer Sleeping for Babies (SIDS)
- Self-harm and suicidal thoughts in children and young people
- Sexual Abuse
- Social Media and Safeguarding
- Supporting Looked After Children
- Trans Awareness
- Trauma, Toxic Stress and Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs)
- What makes a good MASH referral
- Working Together to Safeguard Children Pre-Course e -learning
Please re-visit this page regularly as further courses are added regularly.
Please note if you do not use your account for 18 to 24 months, we may suspend it. If this happens and you cannot access your account email firstname.lastname@example.org who will be able to re-instate your account quickly.
Nottinghamshire County Council Staff
You can access all the e-learning through your My Learning My Career log in page.
Note: Education settings (including Council-maintained schools) need to follow registration process below – as per partner organisations.
Before registering you will need to ensure that you have your organisations unique registration key. You should have received an email from your organisation giving you this key, however if you haven’t, please email: email@example.com.
You will only need to use the key once, at this initial set up stage, then following this you can log in using your username and password only.
Click on our self-registration page to access your account or to create a new account (if you don't already have one).
To create a new account:
- on log-in page, click on green Create New Account bar
- enter your email address, set up a password and insert your organisations Registration Key
- under More Details, you will only need to complete managers name, phone and email in this section
- click Request Account.
You're done. It only takes a few seconds!
Learning Pool Learner Support
For any assistance, please contact learning pool directly:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- telephone: 0845 074 4114.
We hope the courses offer you and your organisation a valuable learning opportunity in relation to Safeguarding Children in Nottinghamshire. We welcome your feedback so please complete course evaluation forms on completion of courses