Report a concern

If you are being abused or you are concerned about a child

  • tell someone you trust
  • contact Children's Social Care tel: 0300 500 80 80
  • in an emergency outside of office hours please call our emergency duty team on tel: 0300 456 4546
  • if you work for Nottinghamshire County Council or one of our partner agencies see the Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) page
  • in an emergency dial 999, if less urgent phone 101.

Or visit: 

If you are concerned about someone who works with children

See Chapter 7 of the Safeguarding Children Procedures and contact the Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) at 0115 8041272.

If you are not sure whether a child is being abused you can discuss the circumstances with us or with someone else who works with children, such as a teacher, health visitor or the NSPCC. All professionals who work with children have a responsibility to safeguard them and will know how to help.

Other useful contacts

Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre (CEOP):

Scroll to top of page