Nottinghamshire Safeguarding Children Partnership provides the safeguarding arrangements required under the Children and Social Work Act 2017 and the statutory guidance ‘Working Together to Safeguard Children 2018’. The purpose of safeguarding arrangements is to support and enable local organisations and agencies to work together to safeguard and promote the welfare of children. The partnership was formed on 1 January 2019 and intends to build on the strengths of the previous arrangements under the Local Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB). Through the introduction of new arrangements, in compliance with the legislation, the partnership is particularly seeking to achieve the following:
- Clear accountability – the safeguarding partners (police, clinical commissioning groups and local authority) have a joint and equal responsibility for setting up the arrangements and making sure they work.
- Faster response to serious child safeguarding cases including undertaking ‘Rapid Reviews’ to identify if any immediate action is needed to ensure children’s safety, identify any learning or improvements needed and consider whether a more in depth Child Safeguarding Practice Review is needed.
- Engage with a wider range of organisations and connect better with lead safeguarding practitioners.
- Provide a streamlined structure, reducing duplication and lessening the demand on safeguarding leads to attend meetings.
The vision for the partnership is ‘That children and young people in Nottinghamshire grow up in a safe and stable environment and are supported to lead healthy, happy and fulfilling lives.
The Nottinghamshire Safeguarding Children Partnership will:
- Work effectively as a partnership to protect children from harm.
- Build working relationships between partners which support constructive challenge.
- Be transparent and self-critical.
- Learn from local and national safeguarding practice and improve the way children are safeguarded.
- Listen and respond to children and young people and adult victims and survivors of child abuse to guide how services are delivered.
- Ensure services for children and families in Nottinghamshire support children and young people to stay healthy and happy.
- Ensure services for children and families in Nottinghamshire support parents and carers to provide the best possible care for their children.
View details of the safeguarding arrangements [PDF] for Nottinghamshire.