Report a concern
If you are being abused or you are concerned about a child
- tell someone you trust
- contact Children's Social Care tel: 0300 500 80 80
- in an emergency outside of office hours please call our emergency duty team on tel: 0300 456 4546
- if you work for Nottinghamshire County Council or one of our partner agencies see the Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) page
- in an emergency dial 999, if less urgent phone 101.
- National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (NSPCC)
- Green Card - Indicators of possible child abuse [PDF]
If you are concerned about someone who works with children
See Chapter 7 of the Safeguarding Children Procedures and contact the Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) via 0115 8041272.
If you are not sure whether a child is being abused you can discuss the circumstances with us or with someone else who works with children, such as a teacher, health visitor or the NSPCC. All professionals who work with children have a responsibility to safeguard them and will know how to help.
Other useful contacts
Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre (CEOP):