Safer Sleeping for your baby in the winter months
15 November 2022
The colder months can be difficult for families, with worries about heating bills and the cost of living, such as buying food.
It can be tempting to wrap your baby up to keep them warm. However, overheating a baby increases the chances of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS), commonly known as cot death. Research shows babies are better to be cooler rather than overheated, so please do bear that in mind.
Find out more from the Lullaby Trust by looking at the links below.
- Safer sleep in winter - The Lullaby Trust
- Safer Sleep for Babies Factsheet 6 - Temperature [PDF]
- Safer Sleep for Babies - YouTube
If you are worried about the cost of living and paying your bills, do seek help. There is lots of information on the sites below.
- Nottingham City- Money | Ask Lion - Nottingham City Directory
- Ashfield - Cost of living support - Ashfield District Council
- Bassetlaw - Cost of living | Bassetlaw District Council
- Broxtowe - Cost of living : Broxtowe Borough Council
- Gedling- Support in Gedling - Gedling Borough Council
- Mansfield - Cost of Living – Mansfield District Council
- Newark and Sherwood - Cost of living | Newark and Sherwood District Council
- Rushcliffe - Cost of living - Rushcliffe Borough Council
You can also speak to your midwife or health visitor who will support you.