NSCP Working with Children and Young People impacted by self-harm and suicide - Level 3
This virtual training event is being delivered by Harmless (National voluntary organisation that provides a range of services about self-harm and suicide prevention.) It will be delivered via Microsoft Teams. It aims to give an overview of self-harm and suicide and how to respond and support self-harm and suicide recovery. It is for ALL practitioners who work directly with children and young people. N.B. You will be sent the link and instructions on how to access the training event the week before the training date.
- consider what is self- harm?
- look at similarities and differences between self-harm and suicide
- understand thoughts of suicide: the difference between ideation and intent
- understand what can lead to young people using self -harm or considering suicide?
- consider risk factors for self- harm and suicide
- help practitioners know how to respond and support self- harm/suicide recovery appropriately
- signpost where to get help
For all practitioners who work directly with children and families.
Please note as from 1 April 2020 we have implemented a new revised charging policy which may affect some organisations who do not contribute financially to the Partnership. E.g. Schools, District & Borough Councils , Fire & Rescue service. For more details please see our charging table on our training page of our website.
Reminder: Please be aware we have reintroduced our non- attendance charge so, if you find you are no longer able to attend we do require 24 hours notice. Please log into your account and remove yourself from the event. The charge will be £20.00 whilst we are still working virtually.
This course is delivered by Harmless ; A national voluntary organisation that provides a range of services about self-harm and suicide prevention including support, information, training and consultancy to people who self-harm, their friends and families and professionals and those at risk of suicide. For more information go to:
Training Course date: Wednesday, November 9, 2022