NSCP Understanding Trans Youth Level 3
This course will firstly, teach you the basics of the language relating to transgender people. Secondly, the course will examine what we mean by sex, sexuality, and gender and discuss the differences. You will then learn the laws in relation to trans people, such as the gender recognition certificate (GRC) and name changing, as well as the issues faced for those growing up trans. Although this course will not focus on in-depth clinical information, the types of treatments trans people require will also be covered.
- A clear understanding of the language used in relation to transgender people
- Explored what we mean by sex, sexuality, and gender and discussed the differences.
- Learnt the laws in relation to trans people, such as the gender recognition certificate (GRC) and name changing.
- Explored the issues faced for those growing up trans.
- Considered the types of treatments trans people require.
For all practitioners who work with children and young people, who want to develop more of an awareness around gender identities and in particular understand appropriate language to use.
Staff from Nott’s Trans Hub. A hub for community organising and information about trans friendly organisations.
Training Course date: Thursday, April 20, 2023