NSCP Perplexing Presentations including Fabricated or Induced Illness Level 3
Our Perplexing Presentation, including Fabricated Induced Illness course is now being offered as a full day face to face event. The day starts off with an introduction to this area with input from Childrens Social Care and Health colleagues, and aims to help practitioners understand what are Medical Unexplained Symptoms, Perplexing Presentations and Fabricated or Induced Illness.
The afternoon includes input from the Police particularly around their role, joint investigations , the collection of evidence and then the opportunity to do some group activities where we will look into to some real life examples in depth. This event is for practitioners who work directly with children and families and who are often involved in working with complex families which may feature Perplexing Presentations or FII.
- To help participants understand what are Medical Unexplained Symptoms, Perplexing Presentations and Fabricated or Induced Illness
- To ensure participants understand that Perplexing Presentations in children require further investigation and assessment and are usually not Fabricated or Induced Illnesses
- To consider the role of the Police where Perplexing Presentations or Fabricated or Induced Illness are present.
- To discuss some real life examples and consider how we can work more effectively with these and how best to support the child(ren) and family.
- To highlight that early interventions lead to positive outcomes for children
- Monday 16 October - John Fretwell Sookholme Road, Mansfield, Notts NG19 8LL
- 9.30 - 3.30 ( includes half an hour lunch break)
For all practitioners who work directly with children and families and who are often involved in working with complex cases which may feature Perplexing Presentations or FII.
Reminder : Charges may apply for this course – Training charges (nottinghamshire.gov.uk). Please be aware we have reintroduced our non-attendance charge so, if you find you are no longer able to attend we do require 24 hours’ notice. Please log into your account and remove yourself from the event. The charge will be £40.00 if you fail to do so.
Partners from – Children’s Social Care, Health and the Police
Training Course date: Monday, October 16, 2023