NSCP Perplexing Presentations including Fabricated or Induced Illness Level 3 - Part 2
This is Part 2 of the course and aims to build on Part 1,with additional input from Police and Legal Service colleagues and offers the opportunity to look into to some real case studies in depth. This event is for practitioners who work directly with children and families and who are often involved in working with complex cases which may feature Perplexing Presentations or FII.
- To continue to help participants understand what are Medical Unexplained Symptoms, Perplexing Presentations and Fabricated or Induced Illnesses.
- To consider the role of the Police where Perplexing Presentations or Fabricated or Induced Illness are present.
- To consider the role that Legal Services play within these cases.
- To discuss some real life case studies and consider how to work more effectively with these and how best to support the child(ren) and family.
- To have the opportunity to peer network with colleagues from a variety of organisations to better understand each others roles & responsibilities when working together with children & families within these circumstances.
- To highlight that early interventions lead to positive outcomes for children
For all practitioners who work directly with children and families and who are often involved in working with complex cases which may feature Perplexing Presentations or FII.
Reminder: Charges may apply for this course – for more details please see our charging table on the training page of our website. Please be aware we have reintroduced our non- attendance charge so, if you find you are no longer able to attend we do require 24 hours notice. Please log into your account and remove yourself from the event. The charge will be £20.00 if it is an virtual event.
Partners from – Children’s Social Care, Health, the Police and Legal Services.
Training Course date: Wednesday, November 24, 2021